Code of Conduct
Member corporations of RIKEN TECHNOS GROUP (hereafter referred to as “Members”) believe that corporations exist not only as economic entities designed to pursue profits through fair competition, but also as social entities which must make a contribution to society at large. Members are expected to respect human rights and to conduct themselves in a socially responsible manner toward the creation of a sustainable society, observe both the spirit as well as the letter of all laws and regulations applying to their activities both in Japan and abroad in accordance with the following principles.
- Members, by the development and provision of socially beneficial goods and services in a safe and responsible manner, shall strive to earn the confidence of their consumers and customers, while taking necessary measures to protect personal data and customer related information.
- Members shall promote fair, transparent, free competition and sound trade. They shall also ensure that their relationships and contacts with government agencies and political bodies are of a sound and proper nature.
- Members shall engage in communication not only with shareholders but also with members of society at large, including active and fair disclosure of corporate information.
- Members shall strive to respect diversity, individuality and differences of their employees, to promote safe and comfortable workplaces, and to ensure the mental and physical well-being of their employees.
- Members shall recognize that a positive involvement in environmental issues is a priority for all humanity and is an essential part of their activities and their very existence as a corporation, and shall therefore approach these issues more proactively.
- As “good corporate citizens”, members shall actively engage in philanthropic activities, and other activities of social benefit.
- Members shall reject all contacts with organizations involved in activities in violation of the law or accepted standards of responsible social behavior.
- Members shall observe laws and regulations applying to their overseas activities and respect the culture and customs of other nations and strive to manage their overseas activities in such a way as to promote and contribute to the development of local communities.
- Management of members shall assume the responsibility for implementing this Code of conduct and for taking all necessary action in order to raise awareness in their corporation and inform their group companies and business partners of their responsibility. Management shall also heed the voice of their stakeholders, both internally and externally, and promote the development and implementation of systems that will contribute to the achievement of business ethics.
- In the case of incidents contrary to the principles of this Code of conduct, management of members must investigate the cause for the incident, develop reforms to prevent recurrence, and make information publicly available regarding their intended actions for reform. After the prompt public disclosure of information regarding the incident, responsibility for the event and its effects should be clarified and disciplinary action should be taken, including the highest levels of management where necessary.